Thursday, October 27, 2016

Trick or Treat?


Rain and wind in the forecast but needed to catch our dinner for this week so headed out with Al Ah Nee on the Red Sea boat.  Found some birds working with mahi mahi but no bites so headed out to find another pile then...

Hookup!  Hanapaa!  Rigger pops and we are on!  Al and I work the fish to the boat pretty fast then somehow the fish shakes the hook at the boat.  Bummed we reset and head back out and get another slammer.

This one was a keeper!  Yellowfin tuna in October?  What!  Yeah Ahi Feevah baby!  The tail whacks my shin and gets one more laugh on me before we gill and gut um.

As Al does the dirty work I ice down my leg and reset our lines.  We get another hit and now get two in the boat plus snag a aku by the tail.  Things quieted down and the bite stopped so took the long road home and called it a day and waters got even rougher.

Fish was on ice, everyone happy and we were ready to head in.

Trick or treat?  Smell my feet, I need something good to eat!

Thankful for all my crew on board and at the ramp.  Teamwork makes it all happen!

No comments: