Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"Wicked Ahi" Xmas Wish

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday!  Yesterday I decided to head out for some fresh sashimi for our family Christmas party.  We are so blessed to be able to go out to the supermarket ocean and catch fish anytime.  The water was nice and waves came down so it looked really good!

We have a Christmas party to attend so the pressure was on.  I brought out my favorite "Gaji" lures and sent out 4 lines.  On board was my brother in law, Alan Kaneko who was my first mate as I manned the wheel.  I felt like we were on one of the charter boats of the tv show, Wicked tuna.  We trolled and jigged but no luck till after lunch when we saw a few boats in an area.  Birds were around and then the action stirred!  The water started to boil and birds started diving in front of us.  Then all of a sudden all 4 lines go off!  Screaming!

Alan grabbed a pole while I put my bungie on auto pilot and kept the boat running forward.  I started to help with another pole as Alan worked his fish up.  I reel up my shibi first and ask Alan for the gaff.  He is reeling his fish up, passing the gaff to me while I land the first one in the boat.  

Next comes up Alans fish then we reel up an Aku.  One got off but 3 was taken.  We bleed the fish and set the lines up again but no bites.  The ride in was sweet.  The pressure was off now.

What an awesome day we had!  Thanks Alan for being a great first mate and now we are going to have some fresh sashimi for our Christmas party!  Stay tuned for more blog episodes of "Wicked Ahi" as I got the action all on video too:)

No comments: