Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final Catch of 2012

2012 has been an awesome year!  Is it true the number 12 is the number of completion? Well I sure felt it has been.  Our Red Sea Ohana would like to extend our biggest mahalo to all of your support, friendships, and love to making dreams come true!  We got some great waves, good fish, and more importantly lots of new friendships made through Red Sea Ocean Adventures.  
Christmas was super busy for us as always but we managed to get enough fish for the holidays so we decided to try out luck once again for the new year.  The Red Sea Crew consisted of Kekoa, Cat, Me and the two old crows at the dock to assist the launch.  My dad is offering trailer valet services for those interested.  Just park and ride!  $25 and you get your trailer washed, parked, and put in the water when you return. Ha ha! It was a mad house of boaters and by 6 am there were no parking at the ramp.  We had the lucky "Ti-leaf" in position and made it out to my secret spot and I decided to do a quick look for onos with my small gun.  Kekoa was driving, Cat was chumming, and I was looking.  I saw two and dove down but the small gun didnʻt have the range I needed so quickly asked for my big gun.  Next thing 2 more come in and this one was BIG!  He gave me the look and I pulled the trigger and next thing my Lance Ohara float gets buried!  I climb on the boat and we begin looking...It pops up tomb stoning and I jump back in to pull it up.  

I asked Kekoa for the small gun and go down and shoot it again then Kekoa gaffs it into the boat.  It was my biggest ono (wahoo) to date clocking in at 50 lbs.  After a few more drifts the action disappears and we decide to head out for some trolling.

I set out the lures and we find a bird pile on the way in and the line goes off.  Kekoa pulls in a nice aku and the other 130 penn goes off.  Its big, and the fight is dragging.  As it comes up we see its a oceanic white tip shark on the line.  It must have bit another fish we had on and got stuck on the hook.  We cut the line and decide to call it a day.  Thank you to my Red Sea Crew, Cat, Kekoa, and 2 old Crows for all your help. What a way to end 2012. 

No comments: