Saturday, September 10, 2011

NWHI-day 8 Ulua sighting

We arrived at french frigate shoals on schedule and everyone was very excited to say the least to get in the water. So we did more safety drills and I got to learn how to administer oxygen which was very good. At 1pm we deployed the first boat and we headed out to this reef called rapture reef. All the rest of the scuba divers were there doing their studies and we asked them how it was. The water was dirty so we did a few drops and moved to a small rock island, called La Parus. It looked nice and we saw fish:)

There were two big uluas came in to check me out and hung around for about 5 minutes before getting bored of me filming it. Saw some kawakawa in 20 ft of water and some big mu's that we could have 3 pronged. I downloaded some go pro video but didn't have time to download my good stuff yet. stay tuned! tomorrows a full day! Good night.zzzzz

No comments: