Thursday, September 15, 2011

NWHI day 13-Uku mania

Each evening some of the guys hang out on deck to see the sunset and watch the moonrise. The full moon is huge and stars are bright so it makes for a spectacular view.
Today our plan was to follow Dr. Carl Meyer around with some of his researchers as they put tags into sharks and uluas. It was cool to see and I got in the water to get the water shot also. We saw one tiger but it got tangled up and got away.

We headed in and decided to do a blind drop and we were pleasantly surprised to see a few ulua and a few ukus. Then like a parade more ukus came to join us. I felt like Forest Gump running and having more runners joining me. 10 more came, then 20, then 50, then 100 ukus followed. I made a drop and they all circled around. It was the coolest ever and probably never see this again in my life. This picture doesn't do justice to what I saw. I wish I had a panoramic camera but better yet, got it on video!

No comments: