Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Omilu School

Today winds were howling southwest winds so we decided to board Kirby's boat and head northeast. Couldn't believe how empty the pier was today but it was a great day. Water was so clean and as soon as jumped in we both saw some huge kumu's that got away.
Kirby called me over to see a school of Omilu (Blue-fin trevally) that was in a hole. He went down and bam!
Later another flew past me and went into another hole. I went down hoping it was there but it wasn't. I waited, waited, then from the back of the hole it swam for me giving me a good head shot.
It wasn't even 1 hour into our dive and we were ready to call it day. They weighed in around 15 pounds.

Kirby had to take a few pics for his blog showing him hard at work. We ate lunch got a few tako and headed home. Thanks Kirby for a fun day of diving!

No comments: