Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lake Chinamans Hat

Today the water was flat like a lake. With west winds forecasted for the day, east was the side to go and east we went.
One of my favorite landmarks is Chinaman's hat. It looks like a hersheys kiss but a sweet little island to hang out. I thought this was a cool picture.
Two of my dive partners, Team "Sporasub" Erick Itoman and Keith Yamane was able to make it out and it was a relaxing kind of day.
Caught a few fish and tako for the "big" party.

I even shot my biggest menpachi to date weighing in 1 lb. I dove into this cave, saw it hovering in the middle and I thought it was a alai'i. It started swimming toward me, so I pulled by trigger and was pleasantly surprised. I heard this is considered good size for this specie so I'm having nitsuke style tomorrow night with some somen on the side. North winds forecasted for tomorrow so go south for offshore conditions.

No comments: