Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Ahi Rendition

Winds picked up 23 knots and swell about 7 ft so perfect time to go fishing!  Some people like the calm water, but not me.  I rather dive when it's flat, fish when its rough and surf when its good!

Courageous Cat was the only one game to challenge the rough seas so off we went to look for the meat.  Not much birds or rubbish but had our faith in our 1st string gaji team in the lineup.  Made it to the grounds and then the starboard rigger pops and I look to see a big fish splash behind the boat.  I think marlin so I clear some poles while Cat drives and then I start to crank.  Fish is on then all of a sudden it's off?  Dang! I start reeling to see the lure then hanapaa! 

What It's on again?  Thinking its a marlin, I bring it to the boat and see its an Ahi!  Pull in in and continue the journey.  Then head back to my honey hole and sure enough we get another strike!  


Port corner pops and by the time I clear all the lines I see the gold bar on the reel.  Put on my new Pelagic gloves and start the workout!  30 minutes later, we see color not below but on the surface!  The fish swallowed both hooks and drowned.  Easy gaff and got 2 in the boat.  Time to head in.

Remember this classic photo?  Well it's not a husband and wife, but the artists sister and local town dentist who posed for this picture painted by artist Grant Wood.  So I had an idea...

Here is our artist "Ahi Rendition".  Ha ha!

No comments: