Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A matter of time

The Ahi Fever tournament finished up in Waianae and fishing catches was slower than expected but we still got the bug to go.  Loaded up the Red Sea boat 5 am. and James and Alan joined me on another day of fishing.  Winds were still up which made for a bumpy ride back but always nice to be able to enjoy the ocean.  I've been learning alot about fishing recently and thankful for friends who are willing to share their knowledge and secrets with me.  In fact I used to hate fishing because it would take to long for a fish to bite, I rather just go and shoot them.  But now, as I get older I think I have little more patience than before.

We got lucky early in the morning with another nice Ono biting my same Gaji lure!  My nephews Kai and Maika hamming it up taking photos with me.  The big ahi still eludes us but I know to be a good fisherman you need to put in your time on the water.  Just like surfing or diving, you must spend that time earning the respect of fellow surfers and going for the set wave when its your turn or scouting the grounds for certain types of fish.  It's only a matter of time...

No comments: