Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Indo dreams

People ask me where is the best place to surf. I tell them it all depends on what you are looking for. I really enjoy the perfection and variety of waves found in Indonesia. I've travelled to various parts of Indo in search of the perfect wave and always have scored. One year we sailed the southern end of Indonesia and came across this exotic high end resort. The guests were surprised to see us and luckily the waves were small or else we probably stop and surf.
Other times we encounter small canoes with local fisherman trying to catch their daily meal. The weather is hot and humid with a unique aroma from the incense burned by the village. This is culture at its core! No such thing as McDonalds, Costco, or Home Depot in this neighborhood.

And the waves are perfect! From 2 ft to 10 ft. you can catch the best waves of your life! We got several groups going out on the ultimate boat trip to the Mentawais this year and a few spots left. One of our guests Damon Schmidt showing us how its done. I got my tickets booked and ready to get barreled in 2012.

No comments: