Monday, October 31, 2011

Calling Doctor Mike

One of the greatest things about my job is meeting new friends. Some people take their friends to the green to go golf, or the bar to drink, I take my friends to the beach to go dive or surf. I had the pleasure to go for a dive with Dr. Michael Tripp. He's been traveling with us on a number of Red Sea dive trips and when he told me he was coming to Hawaii I had to show him around my neck of the woods.
Mike recently went to Mexico and got a load of groupers. He is a great diver and if he's not working he is in the water. We got to see Ono, Rainbow runner, Dolphins, and huge Tiger Shark all in one dive. Thanks Mike for a great day! Next time stay longer!

Another Doctor Michael Wall, went with us on a trip to Mentawais this year and he and I shared some of the best waves of the trip. He had his go pro camera rolling as we surfed on of the best rights in the world. He got caught inside while I took of in front of him. This spot is finicky and doesn't break often. In fact in all my 10 years of traveling here, this is my second time surfing it. A 300 yard plus wave that barrels and is twice the length of Laniakea on a good day. Thanks Mike for sharing this pic with me. Can't wait to go back next year!

No comments: