Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hanahou Fishing!


Woke up 3:00 am to get ready for another dawn patrol fish session. Surf dropped and haven't heard much good fish reports so best to go check for yourself. Skies were gloomy with showers but the fiery sunrise was spectacular. Not many other boats were out except me and some charter boats. In fact there were not much birds also but we were able to find one bird pile. We chased it for awhile until...
BAM! My outrigger pops and we are on! We get to leader in 20 minutes and I give it the kill shot with my 110 cm. speargun and it was game over.
We remove the gills and guts and see all the shrimp and ika in its stomach. Seas get rough so we decide to call it an early day. Hook a Ono on the way in and pull up the lines.
Mahalos again to my faithful crew James and Al who braved the rough waters and our behind the scenes support, Cat, Crow and Earline. Hanahou!

No comments: