Monday, July 13, 2015

Best Fishing Day 2015!


Can u believe how glassy the water is? Nice day to dive but I heard from my informants that ahi was biting. That's all I need to hear.
Make a few calls to my crew and they were game! 
My friend Brent Ching was just jonesing to get one this year so he followed "the force" and jumped in with me and James. 
First bite, center screams and we land a marlin about 150 lbs. We thought it was dead but he still had life in him.
I see the tail moving so ask Brent to bat him one more time. The fish slams his tail on my hand and bruises my wrist and arm.  Ice um down and reset the lures and I was good to go.  Sun starts to rise and Brent passes around his "kabuki" sunscreen and BAM! Rigger pops and we get an Ahi on!
We clear lines and I have Brent Handline while I crank the reel. Hand over hand Brent works his way closer and all kinds of thoughts run through his mind. Don't come off, don't slack the line...after 25 minutes we get it in the boat and celebrations begin. Brent's first ahi of the year at 135 gng.
While bleeding the fish the ahi slides forward and mouth goes into my ankle. Itai!
We start icing it down as James climbs in the box while I brine the fish.  We reset and start heading in.
Boys were beat by now so they start looking for high flier birds while I look forward. I see a pack of birds moving and make my pass. Center slams down and we are on, again!
20 minutes we get to the leader and I pull out my speargun. It starts to swim away and hook is barely in. I aim and BAM! I hit the fish but guns recoils back between my eyes. False crack!
Start icing down the fish and my head and call it an early day!
What an amazing day! Got beat up but that's life! Put in your time and persistence pays off. Special thanks to James and Brent for joining me. Gaji lures for making those killer lures. Cat, Crow, Earline, Al for their help and support.  This was the best day of fishing yet!

No comments: