Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fever Symptoms and Success


When you got "da fever" you often find yourself waking up before 4 am from dreams of catching fish.  I thought I was getting better by sleeping late but still found myself waking up early for some reason.

Looking at my GPS charts and records you can see me driving around in circles, crossing over same areas over and over again, as if it was Deja Vu of being in the same place just a few days ago.  The patterns can be problematic for some who believe that the fish reside certain areas of the month.

I even seen one of the most well reknown Hawaii Fishing Charter boats "Magic" doing circles in the same area so I felt better knowing that I was in the right area this day.  Fishing can be frustrating if you don't have patience but as I get older and hopefully wiser I've learned to enjoy the moment despite the outcome of catching or not.  The thrill of hunting whether fishing, diving, or catching the perfect wave is what motivates me to try harder and appreciate the beauty of the ocean.  The journey of life is like riding a boat, we all launch from a certain harbor and during the course of life you will find yourself having various friends on board with you.  As long as you got your boat pointing in the right direction and moving forward with your lines out you will succeed.  You navigate through rough seas at times, adjust your course often and follow your heart trusting in God all the time.

On this day we pull up to a buoy with 7 boats already in the line up probably having worked it for awhile.  A few boats start to leave as we pass by them then BAM! Center reel starts screaming as line is dumping out fast!  The other boats must have been tripping out as we hooked up right next to them.  Gotta have them Gaji lures in the water as it was the same lure I got slammed on the day before. Clear the lines, Set the hook and work it!  With Cat on the wheel, Al and I bring it up in around 20 minutes and as the fish gets near the boat we put a gaff in, grab the bill and dispatch the fish.

Successful day! Fish on boat, no need to recycle ice today and it was still 7:30 am.  Made a few more runs and circles around the hot spots and heading back to the barn.

We had  to meet the OC16 film crew for a photo shoot today.  Interviewer Jenn, Camera Tom, and Merlinda in the spotlight.

Got to share a few things about the show on board the Red Sea boat and headed home to clean fish.  I'm usually behind the camera so it felt little odd to be in front of the camera this time.

Thats again to Al and Cat today along with Crow and Earline for their help and ono grinds.  Next on the list is the elusive Ahi.  Never give up, never give up, never ever give up!

No comments: