Thursday, February 19, 2015

Missed Opportunity

After downloading my go pro I needed to analyze and see what went wrong on our missed opportunity.  The hook up was good, I cleared one line and everything was going well.  Al was doing a great job reeling in the fish even with his injured thumb.  As the fish came near the boat, we noticed it tangled with the outside line around the head so I gaffed it what appears in the eye.  

The fish twisted and flipped and some how shook the gaff.  See Al reaching to grab the fish!  Watch out Al you don't want to injure your other hand!

The mahi dove back in toward the water and swam away.  I was about to dive in but realized I didn't have my speargun.  Oh well next time.  Lesson learned from this missed opportunity was to clear all lines on side of boat fish is coming up.


No comments: