Saturday, August 9, 2014

Good Times in Kona

Finally got to download my pictures from my camera and got a few keepers for sure!  Check out this sick one of Wendell Ko bringing up his Yellowfin Tuna!  I had my video camera rolling as I followed him down to nail this fish as Puna and Merlinda was in the stands watching the whole thing unfold.  There were at least 20 boats all around us fishing hooking up and we must have saw 6 ahis feeding on our chum on this drop.  There were some big boys coming up but just out of range.

We also came across a couple dozen mahis and got Puna and Wendell spearing some nice ones!  This school of Mahis is by far my most memorable one yet.  Just seeing them swim and getting the shots was amazing.

Until the Tax Man showed up!  I hear Puna calling for help and I jump in to see this big Oceanic White tip trying to attack him and eat his fish.  I give um a few pokes and put Puna in back of me while I fend of the shark.  It was non stop action!

And my lucky shot on this yellowfin testing out my new Hatch Blue Water Gun!  Good Times in Kona!  Mahalos to Captain Nate, Wendell, Puna and Merlinda for a great dive.  

No comments: