Sunday, August 17, 2014

A day to remember


What a fun weekend! My cousin and family came over to visit so we took them surfing!  Everyone was so excited!  I remember the first time I surfed and it has changed my life for the better. Living healthy, meeting new friends and building relationships that last a lifetime.
We had a opportunities to tandem but 4 on a board was pushing it for this photo.
Kirby Fukunaga came to visit and give my nephews a private lesson. They learned the 3-steps to surf and did it well.  I think Maika caught 7 waves and Kai 5, even more than me on some days, but rarely. Ha ha!
We are so thankful for Kirby taking time to teach my nephews how to surf.
Catching the last wave in was the hardest because you always want to ride one more wave. Both Maika and Kai did well and I had a talk with them later about their special day they will remember for the rest of their lives.
I wish I learned to surf at their age and hope they will continue to progress to become great watermen. Only a surfer knows the feeling...

No comments: