Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goat fish wanted


After a long night of rocking seas settled and we were able to get some rest. Kekoa looked comfortable while you can see James locked in the corner of the boat unable to move.
He must have slept good as he was snoring up a storm. 
So we finally pulled anchor and headed to look for some goat fish. We had a couple hours to dive before we would head back home so we suited up.
We got lucky finding some nice fish and got enough for our families.
Kekoa spotted this huge Kumu and told me to shoot it. I told him to shoot it but he said, no you shoot it so I went down slowly not to spook it as it gave the opportunity I took it. By far one of my personal best Kumus thanks to Kekoa and James. 
We called it a day and headed home as the heavy rains came down after we finished washing up.  Coming home safely is what it is all about.  I try to watch and predict what the weather will do every day so we can have a good time. What an awesome trip we had and thanks to James, Kekoa, and my family for all their help and ono grinds.  Now time to clean fish:)

No comments: