Friday, September 13, 2013

Making of a "Magic Board"

Behind every magic board is a great magician.  Meet Jason Kashiwai.  I've know Jason for a long time and we've been working together as a shaper and surfer in finding what works and what doesn't work.  What I like about Jason is his hard work he puts into every product.  After all these years of shaping he has dialed in to the positive feedback on certain shapes, rockers, rails that work well for surfers and discarded the things that don't work.  Today I went over to meet with him to order a couple more boards for our next surf trip.  I encourage all my fellow surfers to work with a shaper to find what boards work best for you in various waves.  There is no one perfect board but there are some boards that just work like magic.  Mahalo Jason for all your support and friendship all these years!

No comments: