Friday, March 15, 2013

Sign from Heaven!

Wow gotta love this weather! Look how flat it is on the eastside!  Probably one of the best conditions I've seen in a very long time.  

Boarded the Red Sea boat in search of aku for my family as thats the fish most wanted for this weeks menu.  Of course my arsenal is comprised of Gaji lures thanks to my dear friend Allan Sato.  Still in need of some good reels though cause this may be the year we catch our first ahi.  Sponsors?  

Was quiet for a while then like a sign from Heaven, James spots a rubbish with one bird sitting on top..I pull up and its tsunami debri from Japan.  WOW!  This is a fisherman's dream come true! Couple passes on this plastic crate full of barnicles and Bam! Port 12/0 goes off screaming!  Quick I turn on my go pro and document the action.  I put on my bungie auto pilot while I clear the lines and James reels it in.  


It was a nice size female mahi full of eggs.

Had to get the back shot with my lucky T!

After 2 more strikes we lose a couple aku but was able to land one.  Great day on the water whenever you catch fish!  

No comments: