Friday, January 4, 2013

Pete's First Dive

Remember your first time diving? How excited, nervous, scared were you? You didn't know what to expect and when the time came you just had to go!
Well I had the honor of sharing that experience with 11-year old Pete Graham and getting it all documented for him with my camera.   I jumped on a plane, flew to Kauai and we drove to the perfect beach.  From the the time we suited up you could see the excitement in his eyes and his proud father, Bruce watched on.


We saw so many cool things and Pete's attention to detail is amazing.  Like Nemo I just "kept swimming" but Pete stopped every 30 seconds to show me something he thought was interesting, like this sea cucumber.  We saw fish, crabs, slugs, and next time we will get a octopus for sure.  Thank you to Bernice for setting things up and providing me the opportunity to share that love of the ocean to them.  Pete is now hooked on diving and we may just see him in a future article of Hawaii Skin Diver some day.  

No comments: