Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nice but tough day

What a nice and beautiful day!  My plan was to catch one fish for dinner so I asked my family what they want to eat and they all said Aku.  Ok Aku it was...so we board the Red Sea boat and pull out our fishing poles.  I went to the fads but nothing, so I went further out till I couldnʻt see the island anymore and finally, "Bam"! The starboard rigger goes off.  Quickly I clear the lines as my angler Oshiro-man handles the pole.  The fish jumps!  Its a nice mahi mahi about 20 plus pounds.  I grab the gaff and as Oshiro reels it up and at the leader he slips and falls backwards in the motor well.  He recomposes and the fish is jumping next to the boat.  I try and grab the leader with my left hand as it slacks and attempt to gaff it but the fish gets off and swims away.  Oh the heartbreak as we could taste the sashimi on our lips.  Nice but tough day on the water.  Next time...Iʻm jumping in and spearing it!

No comments: