Sunday, July 1, 2012

Enjoy the Ride


Well the day has finally come!  Years of praying, planning, and production of the Red Sea Boat is here.  We have so many people to thank for all their help and support with making it all happen.  My family, friends, crew gathered as my "hanabata days" friend and pastor Kevin Oshiro (bald guy 2nd from left) did the honors in blessing our boat.
Next was time for the kids to have some fun.  We organized a "go fish" game for them to hanapa'a some cool prizes with their bamboo poles.  All the kids climbed up on the boat and set our their lines.  Brandon Yamane was showing the kids how to do it.

My nephews Maika and Kai had so much fun also.  I can't wait to take them on the boat have them drive while I relax and dream.

Then it was time to put the boat in the water.  It was the first time so I had to make sure I had all my plugs in and everything was in order.  I was nervous but with my faithful crew and mechanic on my board it couldn't have been any better launch.

We went out for a spin in rough seas so it was the perfect test.   Winds were around 20 mph and heavy seas outside the bay.  I drove it to the head buoy as the big waves came in and she rode like a dream.  No pounding, just cutting through the surf smoothly.  I let my crew take turns driving the boat and we headed back in.   This was one of those days I will remember for the rest of my life.  I'm sure there will be lots of fish caught on this boat, lots of adventures and stories to tell, but for now I will enjoy the ride!   

No comments: