Friday, May 25, 2012

Mechanics + Mentawai

The Red Sea Boat is almost pau and there are so many people to thank for all their hard work and help.  After the hull and trailer was made the next phase was motors and electronics and here is the team who tirelessly worked (left to right).  My Dad "Crow" has spent more hours thinking about the boat than me.  I think we have spent at least 1000 hours working on the boat thus far and without his help I probably would have to spend 1000 more.  Alika just joined the Bayside Marine team and has been very helpful to hand us anything we need.  Paul leads the team here at Bayside Marine and he took care of me on my first boat and took care of me again.  I kind of feel like a employee already with all the hours I've spent there this month.  Last, Jason was the mechanic who spent many hours hooking up the parts.  This guy knows his stuff and I learned so much by just watching him work.  Thank you guys for all your hard work!

Next stop on the map is Mentawais.  Couple years ago I filmed some Japanese pro surfers and we scored this right hand wave as good as it gets.  This years I will be heading back a couple times to film, surf, and travel so if I don't have any posts because of no internet connection at least you know why.


No comments: