Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hard day at work!

What a beautiful day in Hawaii.  Lights winds small waves means "Go Dive".  Boarded the Go-naminori boat with Kirby and James and we were off to catch dinner.  

 Our first few dives were action packed to say the least.  Kirby dropped on a 20 lb ulua and got a good head shot.  I dropped down to back him up and the fish was gone!  Huh?  How come?  I see his spear tip severed 5 inches below and the shaft totally snapped.  We did multiple drops but couldn't find it.  We head to another spot and find the mother load of uluas.  I tell kirby to take one entry while I cover the other.  We signal the ok sign then dive....I see couple dozen 30-40 lbrs but didn't want to shoot.  I wait, wait, and see a monster below come, at least 100 lbs.  I wait for the shot and bam!  It takes off, my  reel jams, so I loosen the drag.  It runs and spools my reel and I have to let go as it pulls me under.  Then the line snaps my gun starts sinking into the deep hole 60 ft down.  I dive to grab it in the nick of time and was all spent.

 After lunch we headed inside to grab some table food and called it day after 74 dives.  What a day! Thanks Kirby and James for a fun day on the job.  I'm going to sleep good tonight.

1 comment:

DNakamaru said...

Good Catch! Too bad about da big one!