Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jockos take 2

What a beautiful day in Hawaii! Blue skies, coconut trees, and lots of surf on the north shore! Finished up the work and headed up to the country to see what was happening.
When I first pulled up to Jockos saw some nice overhead lefts with only 4 other guys out. What only 4 guys out, how come? Shark, current, work? So I waxed up and went out.
Couple bystanders also checking the surf and debating what to do also.
Then the double overhead sets started rolling in and current started pulling hard. Non-stop paddling all the way with a couple close out sets made the day complete. Got a few good ones, got caught inside, and decided to head in before I got swept out to sea.

As I exited the water I saw another couple debating whether to go out or not. Be careful of the strong currents when you go surfing or diving!

No comments: