Friday, November 11, 2011

More tuna sightings

Another beautiful day in Mexico! Been burning the midnight oil on both ends diving hard, filming hard, working hard. We have lots of gear but brought the main essentials for targeting certain fish. Water temp in the 80's so 1.5 mil wetsuit is perfect.
Every morning we head down to the harbor on our golf carts and wait for our boat to arrive and we stay out all day. I wake up at 6:30 am, eat a light breakfast, dive till 4 pm, eat lunch, then dive another 1 hour until the captain says it's time to go. Yesterday I made a drop on a heard of tuna "Cows" which took me by surprise. I saw a shadow that seem to be a big fish, dove down and saw this big boy in the distance. Then he swam toward the rest of the pack and I was in awe. I passed on shooting any fish below 100 lbs because I saw the larger ones beyond. They were not feeding and I just so happened to be right there but not close enough to pull my trigger. What a sight to see! I also saw a manta ray with a wingspan about 16-20 ft. Huge! I thought it was the reef but it moved so I dove on it and realized it was a manta ray. What a awesome day of diving!
Heres a shot of some of the local long lining fisherman at the harbor. They tireless work and fish all day to provide for their family. Here you have the very rich and very poor. Not much in the middle class.

We eat out a few times but with this fabulous villa we eat in often. Fresh sashimi, spicy tuna, garlic ahi, rice, nori, and saimin is all we need to make this family happy! Here Jason and Ron was first in line.

No comments: