Friday, April 15, 2011

Aloha Derek


Just heard out our friend, Derek Hara from the big island passed away diving. http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/119902179.html Seem like just yesterday we were over there filming with him shooting his first ono and eating all the good grinds his wife provided our group. His infectious smile and cracking jokes all the time, and hospitable attitude toward others was a few of many things that made him so special. May God's peace provide his family strength during this most difficult time. Aloha Derek, you will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

Tony Boy said...

Derek was my boss and my best frend, the last time i saw him he opened up the stores back door and saw me and Derek just cracked a huge smile an said "when i was puting the key in the door i thought to my self watch tony going be bagging ice and sure enough there you stay allways bagging ice when ever i come" then he gave his trade mark laugh that no one cam replace. It was an honor to work for Derek And it was a privlege when ever derek introduce me to his frends he would say " this is my good frend Tony Boy" it means the world to me

togoinhi said...

Derek was my college room mate at chaminade. Derek has been a special friend/brother even though we live on different islands. He and wife rochel are one of a kind people and I have been blessed to call them my friends. Derek and I ulua fished on oahu and also learned freshwater fishing at lake Wilson. We both did a lot more playing than studying in college. We both graduated so our parents were happy. I miss derek dearly but he will watch over me when I go diving and fishing. Aloha my braddah!