Sunday, March 27, 2011

Got Fish?

Weather has been terrible lately with all this strong winds. March is typical for this windy no wave pattern so if you need fish check the United Fishing Agency (UFA) on Pier 38. This week there are loads of fish of all sorts, shapes, sizes. Wahoo, Ahi, Big Eye, Mahi, Opah you name it they got it all. I was debating to go out this weekend but instead indoors and paid a visit to UFA.
As a diver, I had to browse the tuna section to dream a little of what fish I would like to try and catch next. There were some big boys in the 200 lb range.
So I took my dive knife out and shoyu/wasabi and sampled one...nah! They do this so buyers know the quality of the fish. You can see the color, texture, and firmness and decide what fish you want to buy. So I watched the bidders in action, put my bid in, and bought one for this week.
Now I got fish for the whole week, breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Winds should be backing down later next week and we expect another good size northwest swell so time to wax up and get barreled!

No comments: