Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yahoo Wahoo!

It was a great week of diving here in Hawaii as the waves went small and winds dropped off. Word was that the Ono's showed up so off we went blue water diving with them Hawaii Skin Divers (Keith, James, Keaka, Owen, and Chris). We did 3 drifts and saw nothing so we decided to eat lunch. We drove up current and before we could swallow half a sandwich the ono's showed up. They were circling our boat, fins sticking out of the water as if they were holding a "shoot me" sign so we all jumped in and game on! It was so hilarious, I wish I had my video camera. Everyone got shots off and we filled up our cooler and headed in.

This one weighed in at 40lbs and provided my family and friends sashimi for the rest of the week. It's fun catching fish, great eating fish, but cleaning them is a whole different story...It took me 3 hours to fillet them.

The rest of the weekend looking grey but surf should be coming up on the northshore! So much work to do with the holidays approaching fast but not enough hours in the day. I think I need to start my Christmas shopping soon:) Ooh but the winds may be light for a few more days...stay tuned for more!

No comments: