Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dirty Water Ono


Another fun day in Hawaii's Waters with Kekoa Mau, Travis Masutani, and James Oshiro. After all that rain I knew the water was going to be dirty so we had to go way out but the visibility was still bad. We did a few drifts, got stung by man-o-war, got taxed by a few sharks, but did manage to land a few opelu kala. Then after a few more drifts a school of Ono come swimming by to check us out. I drop down and one comes in range and I take the shot as it starts swimming away. Luckily my shaft has a break a way head and it sticks good. I go for 5 minute ride as my floater races away. Kekoa and Travis are right beside me swimming as I hang on to my float. What a team! We finally land it and this one weighed in at 32 lbs.

Forecast: Looks like light variable winds will continue with another front moving in this weekend so keep your umbrellas handy. North Shore expected to come up also for you die-hard surfers.

No comments: