Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fishing Tales

Memorial day is coming up and I remember my first bait ball I saw on that day, it was incredible. Thousands of little fish in a tornado shaped form being forced to the surface by hungry predators.
So I dove in the middle and larger fish began swarming around me. I didn't know which fish to shoot then I woke up from the movie I was watching! Inspired and ready to dive, I checked the weather and today looked like the best day to try and get some dinner for the rest of the week.
Kirby was still jetlagged from our recent trip to Indonesia but always ready to dive. He lined up on a nice amberjack and pow! Right in the kisser...A few onos came by and smiled at us:) Kirby reloaded, lined up but his safety was on:( I hate when that happens...They were not that interested in us but then another amberjack came to investigate...
I could touch him with my spear and my trigger accidently went off and bam! Then a few nice ukus came by as we chummed and got a few for the steamer...can't wait!

By the end of today, my cooler was complete with a mix bag of fish for my friends and family so everyone went home happy with some good fishing tales to share.

No comments: