Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kauai Boys

Just in from a trip to Kauai, the "Garden Isle". This is one of my favorite islands to visit as it still has lots to do and see even when the wind is blowing 100 mph. This island is so green!
I was also able to be a part of a big TV production that will air this August. It was neat to see how they do it in "Hollywood". Over 20 crew members and all the safety people, security, lifeguards and props was amazing to see. That's me baking in the wetsuit looking the wrong way.
I had a photo op with legendary Titus Kinimaka who was one of the stars of the show. Titus is "da Man" in Kauai and still spreading the Aloha. I remember surfing with the Kauai boys at Kalihiwai and seeing them take the steepest drops and pulling in the barrel, like Tahiti's Teahoupoo going right.

My good friend Tom Kilroy and his dog Moo hooked me up and it was really fun hanging out with them again. Moo is the coolest dog and followed us everywhere we went. Tom is a great musician and if you need a recording studio on Kauai to do any kind of recording he can set you up.

No comments: