Monday, March 22, 2010

Fresh Sashimi

Last night I had a birthday dinner with my family at this place called "Sushi King". It opened at 5:30 pm so we were first in line by 5:00 pm. The line was crazy!
I felt like eating sushi so I had their sushi dish which was ok. But there is nothing better than fresh fish so I was inspired to go diving again. Winds were light only for today, so we headed out for a quick dive.

We did a little blue water first then onto the reef straight to the ulua house with this boy in the hole. I dropped down with my 110 cm. omer first but when I saw this guys swimming I opted to change my gun to my riffe island with a breakaway. As he circled the cave I waited for him to give me the shot then took it. Bam! It rolled over, line went slack, and fish lay sidewards. I resurface and next thing I see is the fish flying out the back entrance of the cave. My partner, Owen Adams went down and gave him the 2nd shot and he went more nuts. Unfortunately he bent my shaft and it was a costly day. But we had fun and got a 50# slab of sashimi for dinner!

No comments: