Sunday, July 12, 2009

North Shore Kagami


What a busy weekend! Did some work and did some play. No surf so that means dive! I was debating weather to go west but last minute went north. Good thing because I heard traffic was nuts on the westside due to a broken water main. I met up with National Spearfishing Champion Wayde Hayashi for a dive and he showed me how a champion dives. Weather was a little rough but when you are in the right place at the right time it doesn't matter. This huge Kagami swam up to check our chum and Wayde was there to make sure he didn't eat the chum. I see this huge 20+ lb silver flash of Kagami coming up from the deep and within a few minutes he was in the boat. Wayde will be heading up to Nationals this year and teaming up with Kimi Werner in the mixed team division. We wish them the best of luck as they represent Hawaii.

No comments: