Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Best Surf Backdrop

Been catching up with emails, phone calls, downloading my photos and work since we returned and found this amazing shot I took at one of Mentawai's secret spots.  We were lucky to catch one of the biggest swell of the year and lot of spots were unrideable but we were determined to find waves.  I told the Captain to check this hidden spot not on the surf map charts (so please don't ask me where) and we scored one of the most scenic surf spots I photographed. The swells would come in and first hit this outer rock creating a spectacular explosion of whitewash before reaching the inside ledge.  There were two spots to sit and the wave would bend outward and barrel over a shallow reef.  I remember it was so glassy that you couldn't make out the wave from the sky and with only a handful of guys out it was a session to remember...



No comments: