Thursday, May 19, 2011

Aku Wanted

Yesterday was the day to dive! Forecast was for light and variable winds so headed to the supa-market again. I asked my family what they wanted to eat and they all said "Aku". Aku? No Kole? Ok den, Aku was are target and off we went...Captain James Oshiro behind the wheel and Kekoa Mau watching my back.
James sent out the lines and kabam! screaming the lines as the aku was on! Kekoa and James took turns and we had one big hit on my Gaji lure that came off as the guys were playing tag team reel in. After boating enough we went dive on the reef for some variety.
Kekoa got a nice catch and I also had a few pieces for the table. Got a bbq coming up so will be put to good use.

Thanks guys for a great day on the water and see you at the bbq! Forecast calls for some surf on the northshore the next few days as the tradewinds build. Southshores should be picking up also next week so wax up! I can't wait to try my new board by Jason Kashiwai! Hint hint...

No comments: