Monday, December 7, 2009

Big Monday

This morning was day 1 of GIANT SURF in Hawaii so I set my alarm and actually woke up! As I approached Waimea Bay the lines of spectators blew my mind. Traffic was crazy! But I found a spot on the railing to see if the "Eddie would go"...
Across the bay you could see hundreds of people like it was the Aloha Stadium. Standing room only with only 4 surfers out at 7:00 am. I heard there were over 40 surfers by noon.
The sets were inconsistent but there were a few big 18-20 ft sets that made the watchers ooh and ahhh...Conditions were not perfect so the "Eddie did not go".
So I left and headed for my favorite bakery on the North Shore to pick up my favorite pastry.

Drove to Makaha hoping for more rideable surf but it too was inconsistent but a few bombs did roll in. The traffic in Waianae is super slow with the road construction so better stay away. Tomorrow should be BIG and little cleaner than today so maybe "Eddie might go".

No comments: