Saturday, March 14, 2009

KGMB9 Dive

The world has seen the Navy ship run a ground about a month ago but no one has seen the impact to the ocean floor until today.  Kirby Fukunaga made the top story on KGMB 9 News as he shared his views on what he saw on his last dive.  Tagging along was Ryo Kubota from Surfrider Foundation and myself.  Check out the full story on http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/15031/40/
Later we decided to go deep and look for dinner.  Not even 2 minutes into my first dive I spotted this Kumu in this hole.  I took a second look at the fish thinking it was a mirage until I focused through my tinted lens of my sporasub mask and noticed this was not imaginary.  I speared it with my 90 cm. Riffe Eurogun and the rest was history.  It weighed in about 3.8 lbs.  and tonight my family is eating good:)



No comments: