Friday, February 27, 2015

Tony the Tiger

Today weather was forecasted to have light winds and small waves so planned to get some footage for a future episode of Hawaii Skin Diver Television with kayak diver Travis Masutani.  Travis is a good diver and partner to have and we've been fortunate to get some good action lately.  

As Travis caught some bait he jumped in his kayak to rig up his live bait and from up the deep blue came "tony the tiger" shark.  I usually see these sharks swimming slowly but this one bolted up and I was able to grab some video of the shark as it passed by me.  In Hawaii these are the most dangerous sharks and whenever I see them, I am very cautious.  The winds started to pick up so we packed up and paddled in a couple miles.  Thanks Trav for another great dive and workout!

No comments: