Monday, July 15, 2013

Long day of fishing

Another beautiful weekend in Hawaii!  Weather was looking good for a day of fishing so we loaded up bright and early 3:30 am and made to the harbor by 5:00 am to find a parade of boats with the same idea.  It's amazing how many people have been infected with the "ahi fever" this summer.  Al Ah Nee and Kekoa Mau joined me on todays adventure and after hours of trolling we finally noticed the portside rigger lure making wierd splashes so decided to reel in it to find a nice ono on the other end.  

At the end of the day we found the bird pile but no ahis so we opted to take an aku out of it.  It was a long 20 hour day for me from start to finish so my body feeling it today.  Lots to do this week getting ready for the Mexican shootout so gonna put away the poles and pull out the spearguns next. Gee I hope I remember how to free dive?

No comments: