Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sansei Fisherman

I've been watching the weather all week to see what the waves and wind would be doing.  It was kind of tricky with these southeast winds but we did manage to make it out to the ocean store for some fresh fish.  James Oshiro and Kekoa Mau was off work so we loaded up the Red Sea Boat with our diving and fishing gear and headed out!  We notice a big boat in the distance heading out way, the "Nisei" its a popular commercial fishing boat that catches lots of fish and we let them pass.  We watch as they motor ahead and wonder where they were going to fish today?  We continue our route and head to our waypoint.


Water was little bumpy at first so we decided to set out the lines and within 45 minutes we got our first strike in the blind.  A nice cow mahi hit my gaji lure and after several attempts gaffing it, we got it in the boat.  We headed further out and got another mahi, then another...At this point I'm thinking should we turn or burn?  Turn around and head in since we got plenty or burn more fuel and look for tuna?  I tell Kekoa, "Wow can't believe we haven't got any aku yet"!  Then a sign from above comes into sight.  "Birds"!  Yes a whole **%## of them!  We follow along side and the corners go off!  Double! I turn on my go pro, then another double, then another.  




As I watched the boys pull in the haul one after another I thought I felt like a captain of a tuna fishing boat as the akus were flying in the boat one after another. At this point our cooler was full and we had our fun for the day and fish for all our family and friends.


We came in early, washed up the boat, took a few pics with the "Sansei fisherman" , had a awesome dinner at Crows Buffet with fresh fish and called it day.


No comments: